Electromagnetic waves or EM waves are waves that are created as a result of vibrations between an electric field and a magnetic field. In other words, EM waves are composed of oscillating magnetic and electric fields.
Properties of electromagnetic waves:
- EM waves are composed of oscillating electric and magnetic fields at right angles to each other and both are perpendicular to the direction of propogation.
- They travel with a constant velocity of 3×108m/s in vaccum.
- They are not deflected by an electric and magnetic field.
- They are transverse waves which can show interference and diffraction and may be polarised
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes