Net neutrality is the principle that internet service providers and governments should treat all data on the internet equality , not discriminating or charging differently by user, content, site, platform application, type of attached equipment or mode of communication. It is about not giving special privileges to some website like in the form of speeding up of particular website. No zero rating or making some sites free over others.
Significance of Net Neutrality(NN):
- Without net neutrality. Cable and phone companies could carve the internet into fast and slow lanes. An ISP could slow down its competitors content or block political opinion it disagree with.
- ISP could charge extra fees to the few content companies that would afford to pay for preferential treatment relegating everyone else to a slower service. This would destroy the open internet.
- Net neutrality is crucial for small business owners, start-ups and entrepreneurs who rely on the open internet to lunch their business, creates a market, advertise their product and services and distribute products to customer.
- Net neutrality is essential to democratise internet, it will help to sustain the envt. Of innovativeness . It is good for consumers.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes