The Central Statistics Office (CSO) of the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation announced that the new series of Consumer Price Index(CPI) numbers for Rural, Urban and Combined (Rural +Urban) on base 2010 ( January to December)=100 taking all segments of rural and urban population for the month of January, 2011 will be released by the Central Statistics Office for the States/UTs and all- India on 18th February, 2011.These indices will be available for five major groups namely Food, beverages and tobacco; Fuel and light; Housing; Clothing, bedding and footwear, and Miscellaneous.
Importance of micro, small and medium enterprises
- Apart from playing a significant role in meeting national objectives of balanced growth, poverty alleviation and equity promotion, serve as nurseries for corporate enterprises of future.
- In rural India, land is the single most important productive asset owned by the people
Why are land reforms needed?
Infrastructure Debt Funds In Sept 2011, RBI issued guidelines for permitting banks and NBFCs to set up IDFs to help meet long term financing for the sector IDFs would be set up either as MFs or NBFCs NBFC sponsoring IDF-MF should have a minimum net owned funds of Rs 300 crore and CAR of 15 … Read more
Assessment of the growth experience: Poverty and Unemployment
- Poverty and unemployment are closely related
- High poverty has a multiplier effect on quality of life, deprivation, malnutrition, illiteracy and low human resource development.
- What is WTO? Structure? Agreeements?
- Rounds of WTO
- Doha Development Round
- India’s role in WTO
- India’s proposals to WTO
- Trade in Goods
- Trade in Services
- Intellectual Property (TRIPS)
- Dispute settlement
- Trade and Development
- Aid for Trade
- Special & Differential Treatment
- Trade and Environment
- Trade facilitation
- Other issues
- Competition policy
- Government Procurement
Bring out the differences and similarities between endogenous growth models and exogenous growth models.
|Highlights of Foreign Trade Policy 2009-14|
Higher Support for Market and Product Diversification
1. Incentive schemes expanded by way of addition of new products and markets.
NSSO 66th round Employment Survey