Following are the detailed topicwise notes for APPSC Group I Mains Revised PAPER — II: History, Culture And Geography Of India And Andhra Pradesh
A .History and Culture of India:
- Pre-Historic Cultures in India- Indus Valley Civilization– Vedic Culture– Mahajanapadas– Emergence of New Religions-Jainism, Buddhism– Rise of the Magadha and Age of the Mauryas- Ashoka Dharma– Foreign Invasions on India– The Kushans. The Satavahanas, the Sangam Age in South India– the Sungas– the Guptas– the Kanauj and their Contributions– Historical Accounts of Foreign travelers– Early Educational Institutions.
- The Pallavas, the Badami Chalukyas, the Eastern Chalukyas, the Rashtrakutas, the Kalyani Chalukyas and the Cholas- Socio Cultural Contributions, Language, Literature Art and Architecture– Delhi Sultanates– Advent of Islam and its Impact– Religious
- Movements like Bhakti and Sufi and Its Influence. Growth of Vernacular Languages, Scripts, Literature, Fine Arts– Socio Cultural Conditions of the Kakatiyas, the Vijayanagaras, the Bahmanis, the Qutubsahis and their contemporary South Indian kingdoms.
- The Mughals Administration, Socio-Religious life and Cultural developments– Shivaji and Rise of Maratha Empire– Advent of Europeans in India. Trade practices- Rise of East India Company its Hegemony– Changes in Administration, Social and Cultural spheres– Role of Christian Missionaries.
- Rise of British rule in India from 1757 to 1856- Land Revenue Settlement, Permanent Settlement, Ryothvari and Mahalvari–1857 Revolt and its Impact–Education, Press, Cultural changes– Rise of National Consciousness and Changes- Socio-Religious Reform Movements in 19 century- Rajaram Mohan Roy, Dayananda Saraswathi, Swamy Vivekananda, Annie Besant, Sir Syed Ahmad Khan and others. Rise of Indian Nationalism- Activities of Indian National Congress– Vandemataram, Home Rule Movements– Self Respect Movement– Jyothiba Phule, Narayana Guru, Periyar Ramaswamy Naicker– Role of Mahatma Gandhi, Subhash Chandra Bose, Vallabai Patel- Satyagraha– Quit India Movement– Dr B.R. Ambedkar and his Contributions.
- Indian Nationalism in three phases- Freedom Struggle 1885-1905, 1905-1920 and Gandhi Phase 1920-1947– Peasant, Women, Tribal and Workers Movements- Role of Different parties in Freedom Struggle– Local and Regional Movements– Inter Religious Unity and Communalism. Independence and Partition of India– India after Independence- Rehabilitation after partition- Linguistic Re-organization of States- Integration of the Indian States– Indian Constitution- Economic policies- Foreign Policy Initiatives.
B .History and Culture of Andhra Pradesh:
- Ancient: The Satavahanas, the Ikshvakus, the Salankayanas, the Pallavas and the Vishnukundins- -Social and Economic Conditions- Religion, Language (Telugu), Literature, Art and Architecture- Jainism and Buddhism in Andhra. The Eastern Chalukyas, the Rashtrakutas, the Renati Cholas and others- Socio-Cultural life, Religion– Telugu Script and Language, Literature, Art and Architecture.
- Medieval: Socio- Cultural and Religious Conditions in Andhradesa 1000 to 1565 A.D.-Antiquity, Origin and Growth Telugu Language and Literature (Kavitraya- Asthadiggajas)– Fine Arts, Art& Architecture during the reign of Kakatiyas, Reddis, Gajapatis and Vijayanagaras and their feudatories.
- Modern: European Trade Establishments in Andhra- Andhra Under the Company Rule– Role of Christian Missionaries– Socio-Cultural, Literary Awakening- C.P. Brown, Thamos Munro, Mackenzie-Zamindary, Polegary System- Native States and Little Kings.Role of Social Reformers- Gurajada Apparao, Kandukuri Veeresalingam, Raghupati Venkataratnam Naidu, Gidugu Ramamurthy, Annie Besant and others- Library Movement in Andhra Pradesh- Role of News Paper– Folk and Tribal Culture, Oral Traditions, Subaltern Culture, Role of women.
- Nationalist Movement: Role of Andhra leaders– Justice Party, Non-Brahmin Movement- Nationalist and Revolutionary Literature– Gurram Jashva, Boyi Bheemanna, Sri Sri, Garimella Satyanarayana, Rayaprolu Subbarao, Unnava Lakshminarayana, Tripuraneni Ramaswamy Choudhary and others, Andhra Mahasabhas, Andhra Movement- prominent leaders- Alluri Sitaramraju, Duggirala Gopalakrishnaiah, Konda Venkatappayya,Pattabhi Seetaramaiah, Ponaka Kanakamma, Dokka Sitamma- Grandhlaya Movement- Ayyanka Venkataratnam, Gadicherla Harisarvothamarao, Kasinanathuni Nagesvara Rao- Potti Sreeramulu
- Andhra Pradesh: Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its impact on Administrative, Economic, Social, Political, Cultural and Legal Implications- Loss of Capital City, Building of New Capital and its financial Implications– Division of Employees and their Native Issues– Effect of Bifurcation on Trade& Commerce, Industry – Implication of Financial Resources of State Government. Developmental Opportunities- Socio-Economic, Cultural and Demographic impact of Bifurcation– Impact on River water sharing and other link issues– Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act.2014- the Arbitrariness of certain provisions.
Geography: India and Andhra Pradesh
- Physical Features and Resources: , Major land forms, Climatic changes, Soil types, Rivers, Water, Streams, Geology, Rocks, Mineral Resources, Metals, Clays, Construction Materials, Reservoirs, Dams —Forests, Mountains, Hills, Flora and fauna, Plateau Forests, Hill Forests, Vegetation Classification. Click Here for Andhra Pradesh Geography
- Economic Geography : Agriculture, Live stocks, Forestry, Fishery, Quarrying, Mining, House hold Manufacturing, Industries — Agro, Mineral, Forest, Fuel and man power, Trade and Commerce, Communication, Road Transport, Storage and others. Click Here for Andhra Pradesh Geography
- Social Geography: Population Movements and Distribution, Human Habitations, Density, Age, Sex, Rural, Urban, Race, Caste, Tribe, Religion, Linguistic, Urban Migration, Education Characteristics. Click Here for Andhra Pradesh Geography
- Fauna and Floral Geography: Wild Animals, Animals, Birds, Reptiles, Mammals, Trees and Plants and others.
- Environmental Geography: Sustainable Development, Globalization, Temperature, Humidity, Cloudiness, Winds, Special Weather Phenomena, Natural Hazards — Earth Quakes, Land Slides, Floods, Cyclones, Cloud Burst, Disaster Management, Impact Assessment, Environmental Pollution, Pollution Management. Click Here for Andhra Pradesh Geography
History :[twy_display_category id=”108″ category_id=”34″] APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes