- Andhra govt, Holytech sign MoU
- Andhra Pradesh government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with electronics giant, Holytech.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Holytech will set up its plant in 75 acres land in Tirupati and Chittoor districts, against an investment of Rs. 1400 crores.
· United States to grant India the STA 1 trading status
- US President Donald Trump decided to grant India the STA-1 (Strategic Trade Authorization) status equivalent to American allies for procurement of military weapons. This is a big rebuff to China for blocking India’s entry into the Nuclear SuppliersGroup(NSG).
- The US President has relaxed a key condition set by the Obama Administration that India would be eligible only after it had secured the membership of all four technology control regimes – the NSG, the Missile Technology Control Regime, the Wassenaar Arrangement and the Australia Group.
- India became a member of three of these, except for NSG where China has continued to block a consensus.
- Solar Charkhas to Generate Direct Employment to One Lakh Persons
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has launched the Mission Solar Charkha for implementation of 50 Solar Charkha Clusters across the country with a budget of Rs.550 crore for the year 2018-19 and 2019-20.
- The scheme will generate direct employment to nearly one lakh persons. Minister of State (I/C) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Shri Giriraj Singh informed this in a written reply in Rajya Sabha.
- Solar Charkha Units have been classified as village industries.
- The Mission was launched by the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, on 27thJune, 2018 on the occasion of UN SME Day.
- Nationwide ‘State Energy Efficiency Preparedness Index’ released
- As part of its commitment to create awareness about energy efficiency as a resource and also to develop an action plan for energy conservation initiatives, Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) and Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE), released the ‘State Energy Efficiency Preparedness Index’, which assesses state policies and programmes aimed at improving energy efficiency across various sectors.
- The nationwide Index is a joint effort of the NITI Aayog and BEE.
- The ‘Front Runner’ states in the inaugural edition of the Index are: Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Maharashtra, Punjab, and Rajasthan based on available data.
- Rajasthan becomes the first Indian state to implement biofuel policy
- Rajasthan became the first Indian state to implement the national policy on biofuels unveiled by the centre in May this year.
- High-power Biofuel Authority approved this implementation. Soon, the State Government will release Biofuel Rules, 2018.
- Cabinet approves Extension of Concessional Financing Scheme (CFS)
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the first extension of Concessional Financing Scheme(CFS) to support Indian Entities bidding for strategically important infrastructure projects abroad.
- Under the CFS, the Govt. of India has been supporting Indian Entities bidding for strategically important infrastructure projects abroad since 2015-16.
- Since the objectives of the Scheme continue to be relevant, it is proposed to extend the Scheme for another five years from 2018 to 2023.
- Government launches the scheme Seva Bhoj Yojna
- The Ministry of Culture, Government of India has launched the new scheme namely Seva Bhoj Yojna starting 01.08.2018, with a total outlay of Rs. 325.00 Crores for Financial Years 2018-19 and 2019-20.
- The scheme envisages to reimburse the Central Government share of Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) and Integrated Goods and Service Tax (IGST)so as to lessen the financial burden of such as Religious / Charitable Institutions who provide Food/Prasad/Langar (Community Kitchen)/Bhandara free of cost without any discrimination to Public/Devotees.
· Five MPs conferred Outstanding Parliamentarian award
- President Ram Nath Kovind granted “Outstanding Parliamentarian” award
for the year 2013 to Dr Najma A. Heptulla (Manipur’s Governor and five time Rajya Sabha member ).
for the year 2014 to Hukumdev Narayan Yadav (Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Lok Sabha member)
♦ for the year 2015 to Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad,
♦ for the year 2016 to Dinesh Trivedi (Trinamool Congress)
♦ for the year 2017 to Bhartruhari Mahatab (Biju Janata Dal [BJD] Member of Parliament [MP] from Odisha’s Cuttack).
The Outstanding Parliamentarian Award was established in 1995.
· ONGC won top honours at Swachhta Pakwada Awards
- Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) received top honours at the Swachhta PakwadaAwards, an oil ministry initiative to honour companies and individuals doing exemplary work in cleanliness.
- The award was given away by Oil Secretary M M Kutty to ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Shashi Shanker.
- Indian Oil Corp (IOC) bagged the runner-up’s award.
- The Oil Ministry celebrated Swachhta Pakhwada fortnight from July 1 to 15 with the theme ‘Innovation and Sustainability’.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes