- CII conclave from Feb 24-26 in Vizag
- Commerce ministers of 14 countries and industry representatives from 40 nations would attend the third edition of CII-Partnership summit to be held in Visakhapatnam.
- While the first CII-Partnership summit in association with post-bifurcation Andhra Pradesh was held here in January 2016, the second was held in January 2017. The third summit too would be held in the port city from February 24 to 26 and the government wants it to be held on a bigger scale than the previous two.
- The summits of 2016 and 2017 attracted 876 projects which are worth about 11 lakh crore. These projects would offer employment to 22 lakh people. About 47 per cent of these projects are grounded already.
- The convention complex worth 2,000 crore, to have a five-star hotel, commercial buildings etc. is to be built by Lulu Group and is expected to be completed in a year’s time, the minister said in a press release issued by the district administration.
- MoU between Botanical Survey of India and Natural History Museum, UK
- Botanical Survey of India (BSI) and Natural History Museum (NHM), UK signed a Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation in the field of genetic/taxonomic studies, research and training, conservation in India, including species and habitat conservation assessments, etc.
- NHM will help BSI in capacity building in areas of systematic botany and long-term conservation of plant genetic resources in India.
· Malacidins: Scientists discover new class of antibiotics from soil
- Scientists from The Rockefeller University in New York have reported the discovery of a new class of antibiotics called maladies.
- It produced by microorganisms living in soil and dirt and is capable of killing off several antibiotic-resistant pathogens.
- The new family of antibiotics comes from molecules present in a large variety of soils. Scientists had analyzed more than 1000 unique soil samples across US to better understand how new class of antibiotics is produced and how it can be exploited for fighting bacteria.
- They had used DNA information that encodes production of antibiotic in daptomycin to study it.
- This discovery could be a useful weapon in the field of medicine.
· Indian Engineer Awarded Sci-Tech Oscar Award
- Vikas Sathaye, a Pune-born person honored with the Scientific and Engineering Academy Award at the Oscars Scientific and Technical Awards 2018 at Beverly Hills in Los Angeles, California.
- Sathaye and his team received the award for his contribution towards conceptualization, designing, engineering, and the implementation of the ‘Shotover K1 Camera System’ during his stint at Shotover Camera Systems in Queenstown, New Zealand.
- National Conference “Agriculture 2022- Doubling Farmers’ Income”
- The Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW) is organizing a National Conference under the title of “Agriculture 2022 – Doubling Farmers’ Income” at National Agriculture Science Complex (NASC), Pusa, New Delhi.
- It is a two days conference scheduled on 19th and 20th February, 2018.
- The Conference is being organized on the advice of the Hon’ble Prime Minister with a view to identify various critical issues relating to agriculture and farmers’ welfare and finding appropriate solutions.
- The main aim of the conference is to build a consensus around appropriate recommendations that will help in shaping and sharpening the vision of the Government on Doubling Farmers’ Income by 2022 into actionable points.
- Mumbai to have India’s first artificial intelligence centre
- In a first in the country, Maharashtra government will be setting up an institute for artificial intelligence (AI) in Mumbai.
- Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis will unveil the plan for the institute during the Magnetic Maharashtra Summit.
- The Magnetic Maharashtra Summit will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 18.
- Milkbasket recognised as ‘Startup of the Year’ 2017
- Milkbasket, India’s first and largest micro-delivery platform has been recognised as ‘Startup of the Year’ 2017 at the 7th Small Business Awards.
- The Startup of the Year award is dedicated to young SMEs, aged 7 years or less, with great potential to become big in local/international markets.
- Launched in early 2015, Milkbasket is India’s first and largest daily micro-delivery service.
- ISRO planning to launch Chandrayaan-2 mission around April this year
- The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh said that Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to launch Chandrayan-2 Mission around April this year.
- Chandrayaan-2 is the country’s second mission to the moon, he added.
- He was addressing a press conference on the achievements of Department of Space and Department of Atomic Energy.
- Chandraayan-2 is a challenging mission as for the first time we will carry an orbiter, a lander and a rover to the moon.
[/lockercat]APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes