- Small enterprises get a big push
- Finance Minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu has laid thrust on promotion of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) within the industries sector with focus on employment-intensive sectors such as food processing, apparel, basic electronics and tourism and converting the slew of MoUs signed in the last four-and-a-half years.
- A total of 820 large and mega projects had already gone into production with a committed investment of ₹1.82 lakh crore and employment of 2.80 lakhs. Further, 1,211 projects with a committed investment of ₹5.27 lakh crore and employment potential of 7.66 lakhs are in various stages beyond civil works.
- The government finished construction of nearly 25,000 km of internal roads and another 8,000 km are in progress. Investments worth ₹ 36,604 crore with an job potential of 13,000 are in the offing in the renewable energy sector, predominantly in Rayalaseema region.
- The installed power capacity had doubled during the last four-and- half-a- years from 9,529 MW to 19,680 MW. By 2025, the government aimed at making four non-major ports —Bhavanapadu, Kakinada, Machilipatnam and Ramayapatnam — operational.
· Google to shut down its Google Plus platform
- Google is to shut downits Google Plus platform, which had been originally conceived as a social networking option different from Facebook and Twitter. This announcement was made in December 2018. The reason for the shutdown was prompted by a major security breach, besides the lack of a growth trajectory that Google had anticipated.
- The shutdown process has started. The option for users to create new Google+ profiles, pages, communities or events is no longer available, since February 4. The option for using Google+ for comments was removed from Blogger on February 4, and from other sites, it will be removed by March 7. All the Google+ comments will be deleted starting April 2.
· ISRO launched GSAT-31 fromFrench Guiana
- Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) 40th communication satellite GSAT-31 has been launched successfully by European launch services provider- Ariane-5 rocket from French Guiana. It placed GSAT-31 in the intended Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit.
- Weighing about 2,535 kg,the GSAT-31 will provide continuity to operational services on some of the in-orbit satellites.
- GSAT-31 is to provide transponder capacity for supporting VSAT networks, Television uplinks, Digital Satellite News Gathering, DTH television services, cellular backhaul connectivity, and many such applications.
- Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Qutub Minar Among Top 10 Revenue-Generating Monuments
- Culture Ministery recently revealed the top revenue-generating monuments in the country between 2015 and 2018.
- The top revenue-generating monuments during 2015-18 include Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Qutub Minar, Red Fort and Humayun’s Tomb.
- Others in the top 10 list for the period of 2015-2018 include Agra Fort, Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Sun Temple in Konark, Mamallapuram, Ellora caves, group of monuments in Khajuraho, and the Ajanta caves in Aurangabad.
- Tourism contributes nearly 9.4% of the country’s GDP and supports 8% of its total employment.
· PM JAY App has been launched on Google play store
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) Apphas been launched on Google play store. Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) is a centrally sponsored scheme. The scheme was launched in the year 2018 under the Ayushman Bharat Mission of MoHFW in the country.
- This scheme aims at making interventions in primary, secondary and tertiary care systems, covering both preventive and promotive health, to address healthcare holistically. Moving ahead to digitalization this app is now available on Google Play store.
· Union Minister Smriti Irani launches India Size project in Mumbai
- Union Minister of Textiles Smriti Iranilaunched the India Size project in Mumbai.
- A first-of-its-kind project in the history of the country, India Size aims to arrive at a standard Indian Size for the ready-to-wear clothing industry, on the lines of the standardized sizes available in countries such as the USA and the UK.
- India size project will benefit manufacturers, consumers and generate data which will help tap into the potential of the sector.
- The Minister also launched a Study of Apparel Consumption in India.
· MoEF approved bullet train via flamingo and Sanjay Gandhi national park
- A committee, chaired by Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan, approved wildlife clearance to the Mumbai-Ahmedabad fast bullet train corridor that encroaches upon a Thane Creek Flamingo Sanctuaryand the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, the home to leopards, in Mumbai.
- The proposal involves diversion of 3.2756 ha of forestland from the Thane Creek Flamingo Wildlife Sanctuary and 97.5189 ha of land close to the boundary of the forest’s protected area. The project for one of India’s first ‘bullet trains’ was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpartShinzo Abe in Ahmedabad in September 2017. It is expected to be ready by 2022.
· Panic button on phones likely to debut on Feb 19
- After Himachal Pradesh and Nagaland made a successful beginning with the panic button on mobile phones linked to an emergency response support system (ERSS) late last year, the Centre is all set to formally announce its plans for a phased roll out across states and the system’s pan-India expansion. The official launch by the Centre of the first phase and calling upon other states to follow is likely to be scheduled for February 19.
- Besides, HP and Nagaland where the system has taken off smoothly, a number of other states where the system is taking shape will be showcased at this formal announcement. The details are being worked out, sources at the women and child development ministry said.
[/lockercat]APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes