- House monitoring App gets 50,000 registrations in 15 days
- The Locked Houses Monitoring System (LHMS) App, launched by the Chittoor police on July 1, received an overwhelming response from the public, with over 50,000 registrations by July 15. In six months, the police officials hope to reach half of the target.
- Introduced in Anantapur last year, the App is now launched in Chittoor. Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu is scheduled to formally launch the App as a State-wide exercise soon.
- Set up dedicated Musi river basin authority: Experts
- There is an urgent need to make the Musi river a part of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Framework of both the central and state governments, and set up a dedicated Musi River Basin Authority to ensure integrated governance.
- Experts said the Musi beautification should not be reduced to a mere real estate project by constructing fountains near the river. They said there should not be any concrete construction near the river at all and demanded that the authorities take strict action against those encroaching on the river.
- US Navy tests world’s first Laser Weapons System
- United States Navy successfully tested the world’s first-ever active Laser Weapons System (LaWS). In the test, the LaWS deployed aboard the USS Ponce amphibious transport ship was able to destroy a drone in flight and moving targets on the Persian Gulf. USS Ponce is first ship in the world to be deployed with such advanced weapons system
LaWS operates within an invisible part of the electromagnetic spectrum. It is absolutely silent and incredibly effective.
- Nelson Mandela International Day – 18 July
- Nelson Mandela International Day (or Mandela Day) is celebrated every year on 18th July to honour the former Nobel Prize winner.
- The day is commemorated with the slogan Take Action! Inspire Change.
- The United Nations officially declared this day in November 2009. Mandela was former President of South Africa.
- Nelson Mandela was awarded India’s highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna in 1990 for his role in the anti-apartheid movement. Apart from Pakistan national Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan, he is the only non-Indian to have received the award.
- National Democratic Alliance Vice President nominee Venkaiah Naidu resigns his Union Minister Post
- Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu resigned his Union Minister post for his party choosing him as a candidate for the Vice Presidential Election.
- He was holding two portfolios of Information and Broadcasting, and Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Smriti Irani gets Information and Broadcasting ministry and Narendra Singh Tomar gets Urban Development
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi handed over the Information and Broadcasting portfolio to Smt.Smriti Irani.
- The Urban Development Ministry given to Shri Narendra Singh Tomar.
- This announcement came after BJP leader Shri M Venkaiah Naidu, who is the Government’s nominee for the position of Vice-President, resigned from his ministerial responsibilities.
- J&K bags best award in adventure tourism destination
- The J&K Tourism Department has received the award in the category of ‘Best Adventure Tourism Destination and Eco-Tourism Destination’ at a 3-Day event organized by Indian International Travel Mart, Chennai.
- Kolkata to host global business meet in November
- The Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC), in association with the West Bengal Government, will host Horasis Asia Meeting, a Global Business meeting, in the city in November.
The two-day business meet, starting November 26, will focus on sustainable business practices in various areas, including power and energy.
- SBI launches ‘SBI Realty’ portal for home buyers
- India’s largest commercial bank State Bank of India (SBI) launched SBI Realty, a dedicated portal that will help home buyers to choose flats from its 3,000 approved projects across the country. SBI Realty will be a one stop integrated website for home buyers. It will help customers to choose their dream home from 3,000 SBI approved projects, which are spread across 13 states/UTs covering 30 cities.
Using the portal, customers can compare current and past trends of prices for properties in various localities in the city. It will also assist customers in calculating appropriate loan amount a customer should borrow based on income and credit profile.APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes