- Plan to encourage tribal farmers to opt for commercial crops’
- The Andhra Pradesh Forest Development Corporation (APFDC) is chalking out plans to improve revenues form the forests by encouraging the tribal farmers to opt for commercial crops such as eucalyptus, coffee and pepper, according Divi Sivaram, chairman of the corporation.
- There has been a steady increase in the demand for eucalyptus and recently the Kerala government placed an order for procuring 1.5 lakh tonnes of eucalyptus wood. Similarly, the corporation is also encouraging the farmers to undertake cultivation of coffee and pepper, for which the demand is ever increasing.
· Definition of kilogram changed after 130 years
- The world’s standard definition of the kilogram, the ampere, the kelvin and the mole has been changed, after representatives from 60 countries voted to redefine the International System of Units (SI) for weight, current, temperature and amount of chemical substance.
- The new definition of Kilogram will be replaced by the Planck It will adopted on May 20, which is World Metrology Day.
- The new definition of kg involves accurate weighing machines called ‘Kibble balance‘.
· Africa Industrialization Day is observed on 20 November
- The purpose of Africa Industrialization Day (AID), marked each year on 20 November, is to raise global awareness of the challenges faced by the continent with regard to industrialization. The theme for AID 2018 is “Promoting Regional Value Chains in Africa.
- The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) plays an important role in coordinating events on or around Africa Industrialization Day.
- On December 22, 1989, the UN General Assembly also proclaimed this date to be Africa Industrialization Day. It was first observed on November 20, 1990.
- SEZ Policy Report Submitted to Commerce Minister
- The Baba Kalyani led committee constituted by the Ministry of Commerce& Industry to study the existing SEZ policy of India submitted its report to the Union Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu.
- The Government of India has set a target of creating 100 million jobs and achieving 25% of GDP from the manufacturing sector by 2022, as part of its flagship ‘Make in India’ programme.
- While submitting the report to the Commerce Minister, Baba Kalyani, Chairman, Bharat Forge Ltd., said that if India is going to become a USD 5 trillion economy by 2025 then the current environment of manufacturing competitiveness and services has to undergo a basic paradigm shift.
· Qaumi Ekta Week (National Integration Week) observed from 19th to 25th November
- Qaumi Ekta Week is observed across the country from 19th to 25th November to foster and reinforce the spirit of communal harmonyand national integration.
- On November 19, National Integration Day was observed.
- On November 20, Welfare of Minorities Dayis to be observed in which items of the 15 Point Programme may be emphasized.
- 21st November will be observed as Linguistic Harmony Daywith special literacy functions and Kavi Sammelans to enable people of each region to appreciate the linguistic heritage of other parts of India.
- On November 22, Weaker Sections Daywill be observed.
- On 23rd November, Cultural Unity Daywill be observed.
- Women’s Daywill be observed on 24th
- The ‘Qaumi Ekta Week’ will conclude on November 25 with observation of Conservation Day.
· NSE launched online platform for retail investors to buy G-sec
- National Stock Exchange of India(NSE) launched a mobile application and web-based platform for retail investors to buy government securities (G-Secs).
- The new app – ‘NSE goBID’, was launched
- Through this app, retail investors can invest in treasury bills (T-Bills)of 91 days, 182 days and 364 days and various government bonds from one year to almost 40 years.
- It will allow investors to makepayments directly from their bank accounts using the unified payments interface (UPI) and internet banking.
- RBI conducts auction of G-sec and T-bills on a weekly basis where5 per cent of the notified amount is allotted for eligible investors under the scheme for non-competitive bidding facility.
· Ministry of Civil Aviation launched the upgraded version of AirSewa 2.0 web portal
- The Ministry of Civil Aviationlaunched the upgraded version of AirSewa 2.0 web portal and mobile app. It aims in providing superior user experience with enhanced functionalities to air travelers. The upgraded version operates through an interactive web portal as well as through a mobile app for both Android and iOS platforms.
- Several features are added. Features such as secure sign-up and log-in with social media, chatbot for travelers support, and improved grievance management, including social media grievances and details of flight schedule.
· RBI agrees to inject Rs 8,000 crore into the market
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) agreed to inject ₹8,000 crore into the market by purchasing government bondsby November 22.
- RBI will buy these securities through multi-security auction using multiple price method.
- An increased cash flow was among the issues behind an alleged rift between the Centre and RBI.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022