The Britishers were not in a position to give in to any of the demand of the congress till the later came into any agreement with the leaders. Hence to demolish this adamant position Congress asked Gandhiji to take command. Gandhiji decided to initiate a limited satyagraha on individual basis.
The demand of satyagrahi would be the freedom of speech against the war through an anti war declaration. If the government did not arrest the satyagrahi, he or she would not only repeat it but move into villages and start a march towards Delhi, thus precipitating a movement which came to be known as “ Delhi Chalo Movement”.
The aims of this IS were:
- To show the nationalist patience was not due to weakness
- To express people’s feeling that they were not interested in war and they made no distinction between Nazism and double autocracy.
- To give another opportunity to the government to accept congress demands peacefully.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022