As per the ‘World Migration Report (2018)’, published by the International Organisation for Migration, the Indian diaspora constitutes 6% of the total number of international migrants . The population of overseas Indian increased from 6.7 million in 1990 to 16 million in 2015. However, if computed as a percentage of the world’s population, the growth of the diaspora has been largely static, from 3.2% in 2010 to 3.3% in 2015. Nearly 72% of international migrant population belonged to the working age group of between 20 to 64 years.
Diaspora provides India with number of benefits which include:
- It provides India with much required foreign exchange to meet our shortfalls in current account, Thus, according to latest data remittances inflow crossed $70 billion in 2014.
- Diasporas are symbol of a nation’s pride internationally and help in building its brand internationally through their huge success stories.
- Many emigrants make huge investments into their home countries in domestic financial, real estates, services and technological sectors helping in huge inflow of capitals that boost local economy and create huge jobs.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022