The executive powers and functions of the President are:
- All executive actions of the Government of India are formally taken in his name.
- He can make rules specifying the manner in which the orders and other instruments made and executed in his name shall be authenticated.
- He can make rules for more convenient transaction of business of the Union government, and for allocation of the said business among the ministers.
- He appoints the prime minister and the other ministers. They hold office during his pleasure.
- He appoints the attorney general of India and determines his remuneration. The attorney general holds office during the pleasure of the President.
- He appoints the comptroller and auditor general of India, the chief election com-missioner and other election commission-ers, the chairman and members of the Union Public Service Commission, the governors of states, the chairman and members of finance commission, and so on.
- He can seek any information relating to the administration of affairs of the Union, and proposals for legislation from the prime minister.
- He can require the Prime Minister to submit, for consideration of the council of ministers, any matter on which a decision has been taken by a minister but, which has not been considered by the council.
- He can appoint a commission to investigate into the conditions of SCs, STs and other backward classes.
- He can appoint an inter-state council to promote Centre–state and inter-state cooperation.
- He directly administers the union territories through administrators appointed by him.
- He can declare any area as scheduled area and has powers with respect to the administration of scheduled areas and tribal areas.
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes