It shall be the duty of the Food Authority to regulate and monitor the manufacture, processing, distribution, sale and import of food so as to ensure safe and wholesome food.
Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1),the Food Authority may by regulations specify
1. The standards and guidelines in relation to articles of food and specifying an appropriate system for enforcing various standards notified under this Act;
2. The limits for use of food additives, crop contaminants, pesticide residues, residues of veterinary drugs, heavy metals, processing aids, myco-toxins, antibiotics and pharmacological active substances and irradiation of food;
3. The mechanisms and guidelines for accreditation of certification bodies engaged in certification of food safety management systems for food businesses;
4. The procedure and the enforcement of quality control in relation to any article of food imported into India;
5. The procedure and guidelines for accreditation of laboratories and notification of the accredited laboratories;
6. The method of sampling, analysis and exchange of information among enforcement authorities;
7. Conduct survey of enforcement and administration of this Act in the country;
8. Food labelling standards including claims on health, nutrition, special dietary uses and food category systems for foods;
9. The manner in which and the procedure subject to which risk analysis, risk assessment, risk communication and risk management shall be undertaken.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes