Education, education infrastructure and policy of Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh has many institutes of higher education along with numerous primary and secondary schools. The government also implements Fee Reimbursement Scheme for the economically backwards sections of the state.
The regional and official language of Andhra Pradesh is Telugu. Other linguistic groups in the state include speakers of Urdu and Hindi. Andhra Pradesh Education is offered through a number of institutes spread across the state. In order to improve the literacy rate among the masses and enhance the standard of education, the government of Andhra Pradesh has launched numerous projects and schemes. In Andhra Pradesh the education system is of 10+2 system before joining under graduation. First standard to Tenth standard classes are conducted by the School Education under the administration of the School Education Department and finally the Tenth Class (S.S.C.) Public examination at state level is conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Hyderabad. After this two year Intermediate Education under the administration of the Board of Intermediate Education,AP,Hyderabad.
This state operates many state-run, as well as private schools, and this is the way state education is offered here. Government offers assistance to some private schools. Government schools include Mandal Praja Parishad, Zilla Parishad (ZP) or Municipal Schools. Classes taught as part of school education are primary classes, upper primary classes, secondary classes and high school classes. In order to bring an improvement in scenario related to education in state, government facilitates primary level education permeating all society levels. Primary level education is offered free by the state government for all students. As a result of all these initiatives, rate of literacy has increased substantially in past few years. Andhra Pradesh schools are either affiliated to CBSE or Central Board of Secondary Education or ICSE or state board.
For higher education facilities available in country, Andhra Pradesh is a highly sought after state. Quality education is offered to students coming not only from this state but different parts of the country. Some major institutions that offer high quality advanced education are NIT Warangal, Central University of Hyderabad, and SPA Vijayawada. These institutions are also renowned for conducting research work in various fields. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University(s) (JNTU), Indian School of Business (ISB) and International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) are some institutions that have gained a lot of acclaim globally for imparting high standard education to students.
Universities in Andhra Pradesh
Highly experienced, and knowledgeable professors and lecturers have been offering their services in Universities located in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Curriculum offered in Universities is updated and comprises of latest happenings in respective fields. In order to pursue higher education, students come to Andhra Pradesh Universities from all over the country and also from various offshore destinations. After completing studies from these colleges and institutions, students studying here can dream about a great future in their chosen field. Placements are also provided by many Universities by inviting some top notch companies for campus recruitments. Free scholarships are also offered by many Andhra Universities for students who excel in studies that help them to complete their studies without any hitch.
Some Distinguished Universities in this state are
- University of Hyderabad
- Andhra University
- Dravidian University
- B. R. Ambedkar Open University
Education policy of Andhra Pradesh
The Department of School Education is the largest among the 200 departments in the State. The department focuses on primary and secondary education and arranges to train teachers. The objectives of the Department of School Education are:
- Provide access to primary education for all children in the age group of 5-15 years.
- Ensure the enrollment of children in schools.
- Ensure that the children do not discontinue primary education.
- Maintain quality standards in education within the State.
- Provide mid-day meals to children in primary and upper primary schools that fall under the government, local bodies and aided managements.
- Provide free text books to children of classes I to V studying in the schools under the government, local bodies and aided managements.
- Provide free text books to all the children of classes VI to X belonging to Backward Classes (BC), Scheduled Caste (SC.) and Scheduled Tribe (ST.) studying in the schools under the government, local bodies and aided managements
- Provide training to the teachers to help them upgrade their knowledge and skills, thereby ensure quality in teaching.
The Department of Higher Education deals with matters relating to education at various levels in the State. The Higher Education Department in the State deals with higher education i.e., college education, technical education and universities. Objectives of the department are development of Undergraduate and Post graduate education, Increasing Access to Higher Education, encouraging private participation in the expansion of Collegiate Education, development of infrastructure in Government Colleges, ensuring maintenance of high standards of education in colleges.
Higher education is a tool for social progress. It cannot be viewed as an end in itself. The Government cannot promote a throwback to diehard attitudes of obscurantism and too many stagnant concepts. Society has to change positively as the world changes and adapts itself. Higher education must aim at the comprehensive development of the new generation.
- Confirm with the latest knowledge about various aspects of human life and to provide guidance and leadership .
- Growing youth in traditional moral and intellectual characteristics and values as a cultured and enlightened young conductor to build strength.
Mission of the Department:
- Development of Undergraduate and Post Graduate Education.
- Increasing Access to Higher Education.
- Objectives in Higher Education for the under privileged sections of the society and women, particularly in rural areas.
- Encouraging private participation in the expansion of Collegiate Education
- Development of infrastructure in Government Colleges.
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes