A farming systems that are “capable of maintaining their productivity and usefulness to society indefinitely and must be resource-conserving, socially supportive, commercially competitive,and environmentally sound.”
Major components of sustainable agricultural system
- Soil and water conservation to prevent degradation of soil productivity
- Efficient use of limited irrigation water without leading to problems of soil salinity,alkalinity and high ground water table
- Crop rotations that mitigate weed, disease and insect problems, increase soil productivity and minimize soil erosion
- Integrated nutrient management that reduces the need for chemical fertilizers improves the soil health and minimizes environmental pollution by conjunctive use of organics, in-organics and bio-fertilizers.
- Integrated pest management that reduces the need for agrochemicals by crop rotation, weather monitoring, use of resistant cultivar, planting time and biological pest control.
- Management system to control weed by preventive measures, tillage, timely inter cultivation and crop rotation to improve plant health
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022