Population 7.62 Crore 8.46 Crore
Population Growth 14.59 % 10.98 %
Percantage of total Population of india 7.41 % 6.99 %
Sex Ratio 978 993
Child Sex Ratio 961 939
Population density ( / sq. km.) 277 308
Literacy 60.47 % 67.02 %
Male Literacy 70.32 % 74.88 %
Female Literacy 50.43 % 59.15 %
Religious data : 2011 census
Hindu 88.46 %
Muslim 9.56 %
Christian 1.34 %
Jain 0.06 %
Sikh 0.05 %
Budhdhist 0.04 %
Other 0.49 %
Urbanization in Andhra pradesh : 2011 census
Out of total population of Andhra Pradesh, 33.36% people live in urban regions. The urban population in the last 10 years has increased by 33.36 percent. Sex Ratio in urban regions of Andhra Pradesh was 987 females per 1000 males. For child (0-6) sex ratio the figure for urban region stood at 935 girls per 1000 boys. Total children (0-6 age) living in urban areas of Andhra Pradesh were 2,990,780. Of total population in urban region, 10.60 % were children (0-6). Average Literacy rate in Andhra Pradesh for Urban regions was 80.09 percent in which males were 85.79% literate while female literacy stood at 73.31%.
Andhra pradesh population : Trends and intresting facts
- Andhra Pradesh, has achieved substantial reduction in its decadal growth of population during the decade 1991-2001 and 2001-2011 While country’s decadal growth rate of population is 21.34% (2001) and 17.64% (201 I), Andhra Pradesh has registered an increase of only 14.59% in 1991-2001 and 10.98% in 2001 -2011.The State has also shown downward trend in its growth of population over the previous decade.
- Andhra Pradesh ranked 5th among all the States and Union Territories in the country In terms of population in 2001 and 2011.
- For the first time since independence, the state registered an improvement of six points in sex ratio from 972 females per 1000 males in 1991 to 978 females in 2001 and 993 in 201’1, which is a matter of some satisfaction.
- At the same time, a matter of deep concern is the decline in sex ratio of population in the age group 0-6 (Juvenile). There is 22 points decline in juvenile sex ratio from 961 in 2001 to 939 in 2011. This decline is observed in most of the districts in Andhra Pradesh.
- The unemployment rate in the State as per National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO) data is 6.67%. The unemployment rate among educated is higher (7.3%) than the unemployment rate of the illiterate.
- In 2011 census, the literacy rate of Andhra Pradesh is 67.02% against 60.47% in 2001 and among the districts Hyderabad ranks 1st (83.25%), Ranga Reddy ranks 2nd (75.87%), West Godavari ranks 3rd (74.63%) and Krishna gained 4Ih rank (73.74%). The least rank is noticed in Kumool(59.97%), Vizianagaram (58.89%) and Mahaboobnagar (51.07%).
APPSC GROUP 1 Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APPSC GROUP 1 Notes are as follows:-
- APPSC GROUP 1 Mains Tests and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- APPSC GROUP 1 Detailed Complete Prelims Notes